Who We Are
NBFWO is a federation of private woodlot owner associations from around the province. The NB regional forest products marketing boards are members of the NBFWO, therefor if you are a member of your local marketing board you are also a member of the federation. New members are welcome, any private woodlot owner association in NB is eligible to be a member of the NBFWO.
In 1977 the New Brunswick Federation of Woodlot Producers was incorporated, with the purpose of representing private woodlot owners and workers in the market place, industry, and government. In 1985 it was renamed the New Brunswick Federations of Woodlot Owners / Federations des propiétaires de lots boisé du N-B Inc, with the objective of supporting private woodlot owners being sustained.
- Promote and protect the interests and rights of those engaged in lumbering operations.
- Cooperate with government departments, and other like-minded organizations.
- Lobby for the establishment of plans and programs necessary to achieve relative income security for all forest workers.
- Promote good forest management.
- Promote good relationships with wood using industries.
- Study the long range use of woods available and promote industries that give a better price for wood.